Why A Mobile Optimized Presence Is Not An Option
10 Jan 2013 | Author: Alex from London
Does your CMO or CEO still hesitate to make investments in a mobile optimized presence? You’re not the only one, as plenty of brands continue to resist it. To help make this decision easier for you, Google shared the results of 1,088 U.S. adult smartphone users surveyed in July 2012 by independent market research firms Sterling Research and SmithGeiger. In a nutshell…
The situation today:
- Nearly 75% of users prefer a mobile-friendly site, but…
- 96% of consumers encountered sites that were not designed for mobile devices.
When things go wrong:
- 79% of people who don’t like what they find on one site will search for another site
- 50% of people said that even if they like a business, they will use them less often if the website isn’t mobile-friendly
- 48% said that if a site didn’t work well on their smartphones, it made them feel like the company didn’t care about their business
When things go well:
- When they visited a mobile-friendly site, 74% of people say they’re more likely to return to that site in the future
- 67% of mobile users say that when they visit a mobile-friendly site, they’re more likely to buy a site’s product or service
Given these glaring statistics, if your CMO or CEO still doesn’t see the value in building a mobile presence, we think it may be time for a job change. Seriously.
Looking for Great Examples?
Last but not least, if you’re seeking some great inspiration for inspired mobile campaigns, experiences and websites, check out Mobile Marketer’s summary of the Best of Mobile 2012. There you’ll find which advertisers, agencies, apps and website utilized mobile the most effectively (and it’s with great joy to see two nominees, Starbucks and Taco Bell, used ScanLife to power their mobile campaigns. For more information on these two campaigns go here and here).
Welcome to the World of ScanLife
Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.
- Scan ‘Til You Drop With ScanLife
- Using ScanLife To Save Money On Black Friday, Holiday Shopping, And Beyond
- Enhancing the Reader Experience with QR Codes
- ScanLife 30 Day Contest 2016: How to Play
- Spin & Win with ScanLife