Barcode Scanning Hits Some Big Milestones
1 Nov 2011 | Author: David J.
We’re thrilled to announce the release of the ScanLife Mobile Barcode Trend Report for Q3 2011. This edition marks the one year anniversary of the inaugural report, so we have focused on how far mobile barcodes have come in the past 12 months.
One of the report’s highlights is the total number of scans processed by ScanLife to date. Through September, we’ve seen over 20 million scans, representing a 400% increase from 2010 during the same time period. This massive number shows just how explosive growth has been for mobile barcodes.
Other key takeaways from this report:
- 2D code activity continues to rise at an impressive rate, as 44,653 2D codes were generated from the ScanLife platform in Q3 of this year.
- Another demonstration of scan growth is around our single largest customer campaign. A year ago the largest campaign saw 65,000 scans and in Q3 a customer completed a 6-week campaign that netted over 400,000 scans.
- The number of countries scanning in a single day also increased from 77 to 128, a 66% increase.
- Female scans increased by 13% and now represent over 40% of the ScanLife mobile app audience.
- Over the past year, the Grocery (food & drink) category jumped from 14% to 40% in all 1D products scanned.
A big thank you to everyone who made these numbers possible!
You can download the full report here.
Welcome to the World of ScanLife
Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.
- It’s Here: The ScanLife Mobile Trend Report for Q1
- Spring Into Scanning US Giveaway
- Why Mobile Couponing Explosion is for Real
- Turn Mobile Customer Engagement Into a Long-Term Relationship
- Mobile Engagement Trend Report: Holiday Shopping Edition 2014