Trend Report 2014 Holiday Shopping Season
The busy holiday season continues to uncover new insights about consumer shopping activity, as evidenced in our annual Mobile Engagement Trend Report: Holiday Shopping Edition. Whether they were engaging with a QR Code, UPC, or personalized offer, consumers used these mobile interactions to gain easy access to bargains, reviews and information throughout their shopping experiences.
Scanbuy’s trend reports analyze traffic on the ScanLife mobile app, one of the most popular mobile engagement app in the world. Highlights of this year’s holiday engagement activity include:
- The most popular type of content accessed in mobile engagement campaigns were product offers, promotions and sweepstakes.
- In terms of devices, 43% of the engagements came from Apple iOS, compared with 52% on Android OS.
- Industries that saw the highest number of engagements included high-tech and retail.
- Gender statistics showed that 40% of users were female and 60% were male, with ages 35-44 comprising the highest percentage of the male group.
- Of the total engagements processed, users aged 35-44 continue to be most active (25%), followed closely by users aged 23-34, who accounted for 21%. Other user age groups included: 45-54 at 20%, 55 and over at 17%, 18-24 at 11%, and users under the age of 18 at 6%.
- The top countries included the United States, Spain, France, Denmark and Germany.