A new year brings new opportunities, and it’s the ideal time to share our second annual Mobile Barcode Trend Report: Holiday Shopping Edition. Barcode scanning is the effective, hassle-free way to shop, so it’s no surprise that scan activity continued to trend upward in 2013, increasing 33 percent over the previous year’s busy holiday season—and a whopping 82 percent over 2011.
Highlights of this year’s holiday barcode scanner activity include:
- The most popular type of content accessed in mobile engagement campaigns were application downloads, discounts and sweepstakes.
- The most “liked” brands by the ScanLife community were Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Activision, Tanger Outlets, and Kohl’s.
- Industries that saw the most scans included high-tech and retail.
- In terms of devices, 56% of scans came from Apple iOS, compared with 42% on Android OS.
- Gender statistics showed that 37% of users were female and 63% were male, with ages 35-44 comprising the highest percentage of the male group.
Ready to deliver smarter consumer mobile engagements that are backed by actionable insights? Get started today and sign up for a free trial!