Survey of 15,000 Mobile Shoppers Reveals Scope of Desire for Discounts and Promotions from Brands
September 30, 2014
Scanbuy Consumer Behavior Survey of ScanLife App Users Shows Majority Seeking Deals and New Product Information on Regular Basis
Scanbuy, Inc., the world’s leading mobile engagement solutions provider, today released the results of a survey of its ScanLife app users, revealing the buying behaviors and opinions of thousands of mobile shoppers.
More than 15,000 people responded to survey questions inside the ScanLife app over a 30-day period in June 2014. Some of the more compelling results include:
- More than half of respondents (51%) said they use coupon apps once or twice a month while 20% use them daily
- Nearly half of respondents (47%) said they will sometimes try a new product by receiving a coupon/discount offer while 23% said they “almost always” will
- Food and beverage was the top product category for using coupons and discount offers (55%), followed by apparel (15%) and electronics (13%)
- One in four survey respondents said they use discount coupons every day while another 38% said they use coupons weekly
- When interested in a new product, most respondents (56%) said they conduct online search followed by scanning a product barcode (20%) and visiting a store (15%)
- Receiving product discounts and coupons was the information they wanted most (75%), while receiving new product information was the second most popular reason.
"Our survey of ScanLife users demonstrates the ever-increasing influence of smartphones on consumer shopping behavior and attitudes,” said Maryann Moschides, vice president of marketing at Scanbuy. “Marketers should take note that the majority of mobile consumers are hungry for personalized deals and promotions from their favorite brands to help them save money and discover new products and services.”
ScanLife is used by people around the world to discover new information from their real-world environment every day through QR Code and product barcode scans, and other mobile triggers. The refreshed ScanLife app now also provides consumers the opportunity to receive personalized deals and promotions based on their preferences and interests.
The ScanLife app is available for free on Android and iOS.
The survey was offered to ScanLife mobile app users across numerous verticals and geographies. To access the ScanLife Consumer Behavior infographic with additional survey results, view here.