Scanbuy’s Latest Trend Report Reveals Continuing Growth in Engagements by Mobile Consumers in Q3 2015
December 10, 2015
Report shows 23 Million Mobile Engagements, with An Average All time High of 5 Engagements Per User
Scanbuy, Inc., the global leader in mobile engagement and marketing, today released its quarterly mobile trend report that summarizes consumer engagement activity during the third quarter of 2015. The trend report captures data insights on who’s shopping, what they’re shopping for, and where they are shopping.
The report shows that more and more consumers across the globe are engaging with mobile as they are looking to instantly access more information right at their fingertips, with men continuing to generate the highest percentage of engagements. The United States ranks highest volume in engagement, followed by Spain, France, Mexico and Brazil as the top five most engaged countries. Highlights from the Q3 2015 Trend Report include:
- The most popular type of content accessed was product information, app downloads, video, coupons, and mCommerce sites
- The average engagement per user was 5, with men ages 35-44 engaging more than any other demographic
- QR Codes and Microsoft Tags generated 83% of scans, compared to UPC scans accounting for 17%
- The top profiles of iOS users included catalog shoppers, value shoppers, social influencers and casual & social gamers
- The top profiles of Android users included value shoppers, casual & social gamers, and social influencers
- Industries who saw the most engagements included food & beverage, consumer electronics, media, entertainment and home improvement
- PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii, and Poland Springs Water were the most “liked” brands by the ScanLife community
“Once again our Trend Report exemplifies that consumers continue to turn to their mobile devices to get information, buy merchandise, save money, be entertained and more,” said Maryann Moschides, CMO of Scanbuy. “Brands and retailers have an enormous opportunity to enhance consumer interactions with personalized experiences using ScanLife, resulting in trusting relationships and deeper loyalty. We are proud to facilitate these endeavors, while supporting consumer requests around the world.”
All consumer scan data generated from the ScanLife apps or the ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platforms were analyzed in this study. The traffic analysis was performed on all ScanLife-processed user activities providing a detailed view across numerous verticals and geographies.
To access the full Mobile Trend Report infographic click here.