Scanbuy Shopper Survey Reveals 89% of Consumers Use their Mobile While Shopping
January 28, 2016
Scanbuy's Consumer Behavior Survey Highlights Increased Influence Of Mobile Devices On In-Store Shopping
Scanbuy, Inc., the world’s leading mobile engagement solution provider, today released consumer survey results from ScanLife app users. The report features useful consumer behavior data for retailers, marketers and brand managers wanting to better understand mobile shopper preferences. Survey results highlight the increased influence that mobile has on in-store shopping.
Over 19,000 people responded to the survey, which was administered through the ScanLife mobile app over a 30-day period. Mobile was cited as an important component of the shopping experience across diverse market segments.
2016 Mobile Consumer Shopper Infographic highlights include:
- 89% use mobile devices while shopping
- 72% prefer to interact with their favorite brands on a mobile app
- 54% often use smartphones at home to research a product
- 52% recognize QR codes on product packaging more than anywhere else
- 45% would like to receive in-store coupons from their favorite brands
- 43% are willing to share location and some personal information in exchange for something valuable from their favorite brands
- 34% always search for deals and coupons before shopping
“Consumers are using more and more their mobile devices to help them make better shopping decisions. ” said Maryann Moschides, CMO of Scanbuy. "Brands and retailers that engage with consumers through the mobile phones will best influence in-store purchases, and mobile coupons is the preferred and most effective engagement method. At Scanbuy, we pride ourselves in helping our clients deliver personal, relevant mobile experiences that deliver these results.”
ScanLife services are used by tens of millions of people across the globe to access product information, get coupons, save money, and retrieve personalized offers based on unique buying behaviors.
The ScanLife app is available for free on Android and iOS.
The survey was offered to ScanLife mobile app users across numerous verticals and geographies. Please visit the ScanLife Consumer Behavior & Preferences infographic for additional survey results.