Report Shows Scanbuy Processed Nearly 22 Million Mobile Engagements in Q1 2014
May 22, 2014
Latest Scanbuy Trend Report Reveals Value Shopping and App Downloads among Top Factors Driving Growth of QR and UPC Barcode Engagements by Mobile
Scanbuy, Inc., the world’s leading mobile engagement solutions provider, today released its quarterly trend report showing that it processed nearly 22 million mobile engagements in Q1 2014 – a 20% increase from Q1 2013 – demonstrating continued strong growth and interest among mobile consumers.
“Mobile triggers continue to help consumers make product choices, engage their favorite brands, receive more informative information, quickly download their favorite apps, and much more,” said Mike Wehrs, CEO and president of Scanbuy. “With millions of mobile engagements completed each month, and with user activity distributed fairly evenly across age groups, and areas of interest, there’s no question consumers continue to value ScanLife for the quickest route to more information and the best deal.”
The top user type for both Android and iOS devices was “Value Shoppers,” demonstrating consumers most often scan to get information, reviews, prices, deals and more, making it apart of how they shop. The most “liked” QR Code category by users were app downloads, a category that is gaining momentum as consumers see the benefit of accessing apps marketed to them in contextual, real-world circumstances.
Other highlights from the Q1 2014 report include:
- The most popular type of content accessed in mobile engagement campaigns was product information, video, customer relationship management, app downloads and mCommerce
- 51% of scans came from Android OS devices compared to 46% on Apple iOS devices
- The most “liked” brands by the ScanLife community were Lego, Lucky Lotto, McDonalds, Novartis and Taco Bell
- Cities around the world that scanned the most frequently: Houston, Madrid, Barcelona, Dallas and New York City
- Industries that saw the most scans included food and beverage, consumer electronics, entertainment, media and wireless
The millions of scans that were generated from the ScanLife app or the ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform were analyzed in this study. The traffic analysis was performed on all ScanLife processed user activities providing a detailed view across numerous verticals and geographies. These results are statistically significant and representative of all codes scanned as ScanLife is the largest commercial resolver of codes.
To access the full Mobile Trend Report infographic click here: http://bit.ly/1qV2Ypt