Report Shows Record 18 Million Mobile Barcode Scans in Q1 2013
April 25, 2013
Latest Scanbuy Trend Report Reveals Continued Rapid Growth of QR and UPC Code Scans by Mobile Users; March 2013 Is Highest Month in Report’s History, Surpassing 6.7 Million Scans.
Scanbuy, Inc., the leading mobile engagement solutions provider, today released its quarterly trend report showing mobile users conducted more than 18 million scans of QR Codes and UPC mobile barcodes in Q1 2013. The month of March 2013 garnered more than 6.7 million scans alone, the highest-generating month registered since the report began in 2009. "Mobile engagement is on the rise," said Mike Wehrs, CEO and President of Scanbuy. "Marketers and brands are continuing to strategically integrate commercial grade QR Codes into their campaigns, providing consumers with relevant and timely content that lead to consumer loyalty, relationship cultivation and transactions, as well as gaining business intelligence for creating long-lasting customer engagements."
Scanbuy’s Q1 2013 Trend Report highlights the following statistics:
- More men scan mobile barcodes, accounting for 65% of the scans, with women accounting for 35% of the scans
- 57% of scans came from the Android OS compared to 41% on Apple iOS devices
- McDonalds, Publix, Tim Hortons, Kohls and Coca-Cola were the most "liked" brands according to data from the ScanLife app
- ShopSavvy is a granddaddy price-comparison app that now features user reviews, product videos, enhanced purchasing tools and the ability to add prices for local stores and new products. Works on: Android, Apple, and Windows.
- The United States ranks highest in volume of scans, followed by Spain, France and Brazil, respectively.
In the study, Scanbuy analyzed thousands of scans that were generated from the ScanLife App or the ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform. The traffic analysis was performed on all ScanLife processed user activities- providing a detailed view across numerous verticals and geographies.