Holiday Season Mobile Engagements Reveal Insights About Consumer Shopping Behaviors
February 25, 2015
Engagements Are Up, With Significant Activity In High-Tech And Retail, According To The Latest Scanbuy Trend Report
Scanbuy, Inc., the world’s leading mobile engagement solutions provider, today released its latest trend report showing new insights about consumer shopping activity that took place during the holiday season. The trend report highlights valuable data gathered between 11/21/14 and 12/31/14, with total engagements continuing to increase year over year. Whether they were engaging with a QR Code, UPC, or personalized offer, consumers used mobile interactions to gain easy access to bargains, reviews and information throughout their shopping experiences.
Scanbuy’s trend reports analyze traffic on the ScanLife mobile app, one of the most popular mobile engagement app in the world. Highlights of this year’s holiday engagement activity include:
- The most popular type of content accessed in mobile engagement campaigns were product offers, promotions and sweepstakes.
- In terms of devices, 43% of the engagements came from Apple iOS, compared with 52% on Android OS.
- Industries that saw the highest number of engagements included high-tech and retail.
- Gender statistics showed that 40% of users were female and 60% were male, with ages 35-44 comprising the highest percentage of the male group.
- Of the total engagements processed, users aged 35-44 continue to be most active (25%), followed closely by users aged 23-34, who accounted for 21%. Other user age groups included: 45-54 at 20%, 55 and over at 17%, 18-24 at 11%, and users under the age of 18 at 6%.
- The top countries included the United States, Spain, France, Denmark and Germany.
“The increase in mobile scans during the holiday season demonstrates how important it is for consumers to have easy access to information and bargains related to their favorite products and stores,” said Maryann Moschides, VP Marketing of Scanbuy. “We are honored to continue to help brands, retailers and agencies successfully use mobile marketing to reach, engage and understand mobile shoppers.”
A statistically significant sampling of all scans generated from the ScanLife app or the ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform were analyzed in this study. The traffic analysis was performed on all ScanLife-processed user activities providing a detailed view across numerous verticals and geographies.