Brands and Retailers Can Now Manage Consumers Experiences Powered by Digimarc Barcodes Using Powerful ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform
October 13, 2015
Scanbuy to Integrate Digimarc® Barcode Detection Into Industry-Leading ScanLife Mobile Application, Broadly Extending Reach
Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC) today announced that Scanbuy, Inc., a leader in mobile relationship management and maker of one of the most popular mobile applications for engaging consumers via UPCs, QR codes and similar tags, will add Digimarc® Barcode detection to the ScanLife mobile app.
Scanbuy will integrate into ScanLife the Digimarc Mobile Software Development Kit (DMSDK), which provides the necessary functionality to support detection of Digimarc Barcodes.
The new agreement also gives participating brands and retailers access to the ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform, providing unprecedented capabilities for creating, managing and tracking the consumer experiences and interactions activated by Digimarc Barcodes.
The Scanbuy Mobile Engagement Platform, an enterprise-class platform used today by some of the largest global brands and retailers, enables customers to deliver smarter, richer and more relevant mobile experiences. By supporting Digimarc Barcodes, Scanbuy’s unique and powerful platform provides an even greater value proposition for brands and retailers in search for more meaningful and direct interactions with their consumers.
Millions of ScanLife smartphone app users will be able to scan Digimarc Barcodes, significantly expanding the consumer base that benefits from the patented technology. Scanbuy processed over 45 million engagements by consumers in over 140 countries during the first half of 2015.
“Scanning products with a mobile device is increasingly part of everyday life, creating new connections between brands, retailers and their customers,” said Maryann Moschides, Chief Marketing Officer at Scanbuy. “Our partnership with Digimarc benefits everyone. Brands and retailers use the ScanLife platform to easily manage and track every aspect of the mobile shopping experience. And consumers delve into digital experiences by merely pointing their phones at any part of a Digimarc-enabled package. This was a natural product evolution for both consumer convenience and mobile relationship management.”
“Scanbuy’s success shows just how much consumers have embraced the idea of scanning packages to get better product information, and Digimarc Barcode technology helps by making the process faster and more intuitive,” said Mark Belfiglio, VP of Sales, Digimarc. “By empowering shoppers at the point of decision and providing real-time analytics about every engagement, companies like Scanbuy are helping to drive sales results and build stronger customer relationships.”
ScanLife joins a growing list of smartphone applications that can read Digimarc Barcodes. In total, Digimarc-enabled consumer mobile device apps have been downloaded more than 500 million times.
For more information, contact Digimarc sales at 844-605-8193 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Scanbuy at 212-278-0178 or email@example.com.
Market Background & Product Details
- Digimarc Barcode-enabled product packages are now appearing on retail shelves
- Digimarc Barcodes are imperceptible to people, but readable by enabled smartphones (iOS and Android) and Point of Sale scanners
- Digimarc Barcodes activate and deliver to consumers engaging digital content
- ScanLife platform enables the creation, measurement and monitoring of dynamic digital content delivery, now triggered by Digimarc Barcodes
- Consumers can get information, reviews, videos, promotions, deals and much more
- Digimarc Barcodes are more reliable than image recognition
- Digimarc Barcodes contain the same GTIN data as traditional barcodes
- Embedded and replicated across the entire surface of a package, Digimarc Barcodes deliver greater speed, accuracy and reliability
- A powerful new channel for brands to reach shoppers directly in-aisle and post purchase
- Digimarc Barcodes may also be invisibly and inaudibly applied to other printed materials and audio
- ScanLife mobile app is available in the Android and iOS stores