Scanbuy is the global leader in developing mobile engagement solutions that power intelligent connections between the physical and digital world-intelligently and effectively.
Our mobile engagement suite, ScanLife, empowers brands, retailers and marketers to create, manage and deliver personalized, uniquely tailored experiences directly to consumer smartphones—collecting sophisticated business intelligence during the life of the campaign. ScanLife enables the delivery of coupons, product information, video, websites, social networking, surveys, ecommerce and much more. ScanLife processes millions of scans from over 150 different countries.
The company is headquartered in New York City with local offices throughout North America, Europe and Latin America. Scanbuy has the largest and oldest patent portfolio of any company in the industry.
Scanbuy is seeking a senior software engineer its ScanLife platform development team
Location: Anywhere, NYC preferred
Reports To: VP, Product Development
• Rapidly learn and become proficient in all aspects the ScanLife platform
• Work with the engineering and product teams to design, develop, test, and deploy customer features
• Develop deep feature expertise working on the handset scanning app, the web-based Code Management Platform, and the server side scan resolution system
• Improve the scalability, reliability, and capacity of our core systems
• Participate in Agile development as a member of a self-organizing Scrum team
• Contribute to product design in a collaborative, distributed team environment
• Improve our engineering practices
You don’t need all of these, but the more you have the better. If you don’t have more than half then you’re probably not a good match for this job.
• BS degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline. MS would be a plus
• 4+ years experience in commercial software development
• Experience building highly scalable and reliable Java web applications
• Familiarity with J2EE, Spring and Hibernate
• Experience or familiarity with Java, Linux, MySQL,
• Multithreaded programming, Cloud (Amazon, Google, or other)
• Web programming – Building RESTful interfaces, OAuth, Tomcat, MVC model
• Mobile device app development: Mobile web, Android, iOS, Blackberry
• interest in and exposure to modern programming tools and practices such as Open Source, TDD, Git, Continuous Build and Integration
We have been a distributed team for some years now and we have figured out how to make it work for us. Don’t let your location keep you from getting on a team where your development scope spans the entire product set. We are looking at everything from Augmented Reality to Optical Image Recognition to Near Field Communication to mobile payment systems and beyond. If you like having the kind of impact you can have only in a small company, you should check us out.
Title: Marketing Manager
Location: New York, NY
Reports To: VP Marketing
We are seeking a marketing manager to execute corporate marketing initiatives and programs. An individual who takes initiative, is dedicated to teamwork, works well with strict deadlines, and has strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail and a strong understanding of corporate branding and marketing.
- Partner with internal departments to coordinate, create and execute marketing programs
- Lead multiple marketing and sales projects; managing project schedules and tracking project execution to support achievement of marketing program
- Write, proofread, edit and on-going management of copy/documentation projects that reflect corporate value proposition
- Work to continually adhere to corporate brand guidelines and compliance requirements
- Carry out other activities to support marketing, e.g. lead generation, website, collateral, blog, social media and events
- Provide input into strategies and development of marketing tactics
- Manage external vendor/agency relationships and provide continues guidance as needed
- Participate in tactical planning sessions critical to successful implementation of corporate marketing plans
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Good relationship development skills; able to earn respect and trust among internal and external vendors and team members
- Strong sense of design and attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle high volume of work in fast-paced environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with colleagues in numerous locations
- Mobile marketing experience is helpful
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge is helpful
A degree in marketing, management or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Title: Sales Director
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Vice President, Sales
- Proactively identifying and establishing contact with potential customers.
- Negotiating the agreement terms and closing sales.
- Maintaining contact with new and existing customers.
- Responding to sales inquiries from new and existing customers.
- Delivering presentations of the company products at conferences, customer sites and exhibitions.
- Meeting annual sales goals and targets.
- Maintaining the company’s contact database with up-to-date and accurate details.
- Producing monthly sales reports
- Providing feedback of potential customers and members to enhance product functioning and the service delivery.
- Ensuring effective internal communication within the Sales, Marketing team and Customer Support and across the company.
- Assisting to identify the opportunities for upcoming products, and for development and enhancement of existing products.
- Motivating all sales staff to share relevant data about the market in facilitating the ease of retrieval, recording, and use of information.
- Monitoring and reporting the potential collaborators and competitor activities and identifying business threats and opportunities.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Mobile Marketing experience required.
- SaaS platform sales experience.
- Enterprise sales experience with brands and agencies.
- Selling into Fortune 1000’s.
- Excellent communication, writing and customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible to work with negligible supervision.
- Tenacious work attitude.
- Should be able to work as part of a team.
- Should have negotiation skills to deal with different kinds of customers.
- Able to meet deadlines along with working under pressure.
- Highly innovative and proactive.
- Should be able to handle varied tasks.
- Willing to travel.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of 4+ years of selling experience.
- Degree or equivalent in sales and marketing related field.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Rolodex of brand marketers and/or agency relationships.
- Mobile and/or digital sales experience.
- Experience with salesforce.com.
Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Midtown Manhattan, New York, NY
Reports To: Manager, Technical Services
Scanbuy is seeking a Technical Support Engineer who will be responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosing production software issues within our web application and also our handset apps. The Tech Support Engineer acts as a bridge between the business and engineering teams for customer and user issues and works closely with developers to report, diagnose, and solve product defects and customer problems. This is a hands-on technical role that involves interaction with internal and external customers and may include scripting and other light programming.
- Provide in-depth technical support as needed to help Customer Support resolve customer problems
- Provide technical support Scanbuy employees who need help with various parts of the product
- Adjust system accounts as necessary to make certain codes available to customers
- Create system usage reports using SQL on the production system for internal use
- Maintain and improve the automated monthly reports used by Finance and Accounting to run the business
- Be the point of contact with our partners for handset app preload testing, deployment, tracking, and reporting.
- Execute app tests and produce test reports as required
- Participate with the development team to do release testing of the ScanLife system
- Create scripts and other software tools as needed
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- Two years’ experience working in a technical organization such as corporate IT or high tech development
- The ability to write complex queries in SQL
- Knowledge of MySQL and/or MS SQL a plus
- Experience in scripting with Perl, PHP, and/or Shell
- Knowledge of using Salesforce SF data connectors such as Boomi a plus
- Experience in manual or blackbox testing of released applications on iOS and Android a plus
- Good written and oral English communication skills
- High standard of personal performance and self-motivation
Title: Software Engineer
Location: Manhattan, NY or Telecommute
Reports To: CTO
Scanbuy is seeking a software engineer for mobile application software development. We are looking for a developer to join our development team with a primary focus on our iOS and Android ScanLife apps. To be a good fit, you should be a good developer, self-managing with Agile experience, and enjoy an environment with few limits. We want you to be good at apps and at the same time we’d like you to be ready and interested to do some back end Java development on the ScanLife Code Management Platform when the team needs you to do that. We’d like you to driven just enough that you will have a personal project to show us and talk about.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance barcode scanning applications on all handsets and operating systems
- Develop and grow in-depth expertise for developing applications on one or two handset operating systems
- Help Scanbuy achieve and maintain clear leadership among mobile scanning applications
- Participate in Agile development as a member of a Scrum development team
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline. MS degree would be a plus.
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming or Embedded Device programming
- Programming experience in at least two of C, C++, Java, Objective C, C#
- 2 years experience in mobile handset software development on iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry SDK
- Demonstrable interest in and exposure to modern programming tools and practices such as Open Source, TDD, Git, Continuous Build and Integration
- Successful release of a mobile app to the Apple App store, Android Market Place, or BlackBerry App World
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Passion towards user interface, engaging experience.
- Enthusiasm to collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers.
Bonus points for
- Knowledge of UI frameworks (Android/iOS)
- MVP application design.
- Advanced experience in performance, functional & unit testing.
We are a distributed Agile organization. That means we empower our teams to do their best work in their own way, and we depend on them to uphold high engineering standards and to do the right thing. You will be on a Scrum team working closely with a few other colleagues to build value for our customers in the best way you know how. We value deep levels of expertise and experience coupled with the willingness to pitch in as needed to make the team successful. The choice of tasks you work on will be your own in concert with the needs of your team. Our CTO is a Certrified ScrumMaster Trainer, so we do real Scrum here. We are looking for ‘test-infected’ developers who understand automated unit testing and feature testing. TDD experience would be a huge plus.
If you telecommute, you will be working from home for the most part, but that won’t prevent you from interacting with your colleagues every day. We will only consider you for telecommuting if you have significant experience being on a scrum or other Agile team.
Title: Marketing Intern
Location: New York, NY
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing
A global leader in mobile engagement is seeking marketing interns to support corporate marketing initiatives and programs such as lead generation, research, social media and events. Individuals should be dynamic, take initiative, be dedicated to teamwork, work well with deadlines, and have strong organizational skills. You should be eager to learn marketing techniques that drive business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good relationship development skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent research ability and command of the internet
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Paid intern positions available for applicants seeking hands on experience in Marketing. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to gain valuable marketing experience. The position will report to the Vice President of Marketing but will interact with all departments.