Technical Support Engineer
Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Midtown Manhattan, New York, NY
Reports To: Manager, Technical Services
Description: Scanbuy is seeking a Technical Support Engineer who will be responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosing production software issues within our web application and also our handset apps. The Tech Support Engineer acts as a bridge between the business and engineering teams for customer and user issues and works closely with developers to report, diagnose, and solve product defects and customer problems. This is a hands-on technical role that involves interaction with internal and external customers and may include scripting and other light programming.
• Provide in-depth technical support as needed to help Customer Support resolve customer problems
• Provide technical support Scanbuy employees who need help with various parts of the product
• Adjust system accounts as necessary to make certain codes available to customers
• Create system usage reports using SQL on the production system for internal use
• Maintain and improve the automated monthly reports used by Finance and Accounting to run the business
• Be the point of contact with our partners for handset app preload testing, deployment, tracking, and reporting.
• Execute app tests and produce test reports as required
• Participate with the development team to do release testing of the ScanLife system
• Create scripts and other software tools as needed
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other technical field
• Two years’ experience working in a technical organization such as corporate IT or high tech development
• The ability to write complex queries in SQL
• Knowledge of MySQL and/or MS SQL a plus
• Experience in scripting with Perl, PHP, and/or Shell
• Knowledge of using Salesforce SF data connectors such as Boomi a plus
• Experience in manual or blackbox testing of released applications on iOS and Android a plus
• Good written and oral English communication skills
• High standard of personal performance and self-motivation
Scanbuy is the leading global provider of mobile barcode solutions for the enterprise. Used in over 125 countries around the world every day, the ScanLife scanner app is the gateway for consumers to make more informed purchases and for companies to connect to consumers in their daily lives away from a computer.
We are a globally distributed Agile organization, which means we empower our teams to do their best work in their own way, and we depend on them to uphold high engineering and quality standards and to do the right thing. Our goal is nothing less than the highest quality that Agile has to offer: zero bug, customer-oriented software. If you want to make a difference at a small company riding a tidal wave of market upsurge, consider us. We have a startling amount of work to do that offers endless opportunities to learn new technologies, be creative with user interfaces, and catapult our solution into worldwide leadership.
Software Engineer - Mobile Application Development
Description: Scanbuy is seeking a software engineer for mobile application software development.
Location: Manhattan, NY or Telecommute
Reports To: CTO
Scanbuy is the world’s largest provider of mobile code publishing and scanning solutions. Our software is used by people in over 100 countries to manage and use barcodes, QR Codes, Datamatrix codes, and others. Our apps have been downloaded over 40,000,000 times. We are looking for a developer to join our development team with a primary focus on our iOS and Android ScanLife apps.
To be a good fit, you should be a good developer, self-managing with Agile experience, and enjoy an environment with few limits. We want you to be good at apps and at the same time we’d like you to be ready and interested to do some back end Java development on the ScanLife Code Management Platform when the team needs you to do that. We’d like you to driven just enough that you will have a personal project to show us and talk about.
• Develop, maintain, and enhance barcode scanning applications on all handsets and operating systems
• Develop and grow in-depth expertise for developing applications on one or two handset operating systems
• Help Scanbuy achieve and maintain clear leadership among mobile scanning applications
• Participate in Agile development as a member of a Scrum development team
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline. MS degree would be a plus.
• Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming or Embedded Device programming
• Programming experience in at least two of C, C++, Java, Objective C, C#
• 2 years experience in mobile handset software development on iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry SDK
• Demonstrable interest in and exposure to modern programming tools and practices such as Open Source, TDD, Git, Continuous Build and Integration
• Successful release of a mobile app to the Apple App store, Android Market Place, or BlackBerry App World
• Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, SOAP, REST, etc.)
• Passion towards user interface, engaging experience.
• Enthusiasm to collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers.
Bonus points for:
• Knowledge of UI frameworks (Android/iOS)
• MVP application design.
• Advanced experience in performance, functional & unit testing.
We are a distributed Agile organization. That means we empower our teams to do their best work in their own way, and we depend on them to uphold high engineering standards and to do the right thing. You will be on a Scrum team working closely with a few other colleagues to build value for our customers in the best way you know how. We value deep levels of expertise and experience coupled with the willingness to pitch in as needed to make the team successful. The choice of tasks you work on will be your own in concert with the needs of your team. Our CTO is a Certrified ScrumMaster Trainer, so we do real Scrum here. We are looking for ‘test-infected’ developers who understand automated unit testing and feature testing. TDD experience would be a huge plus.
If you telecommute, you will be working from home for the most part, but that won’t prevent you from interacting with your colleagues every day. We will only consider you for telecommuting if you have significant experience being on a scrum or other Agile team.
Scanbuy is the leading global provider of mobile barcode solutions. We use the mobile phone as the link between the physical and digital worlds. Used in over 125 countries around the world every day, the ScanLife scanner app is the gateway for consumers to make more informed purchases and for companies to connect to consumers in their daily lives away from a computer. We have experienced 600% growth in usage over the past year and we are still riding the rocket. Find out a little more about Scanbuy in a recent press release.
The Best Companies Group (BCG) database of over 300,000 employee interviews reveals that employees working in small companies are significantly more satisfied with their jobs overall than employees in larger companies.
Paid Marketing Interns
Scanbuy - Greater New York City Area
Paid intern positions available for applicants seeking hands on experience in Marketing.
A global leader in mobile engagement is seeking marketing interns to support corporate marketing initiatives and programs such as lead generation, research, social media and events. Individuals should be dynamic, take initiative, be dedicated to teamwork, work well with deadlines, and have strong organizational skills. You should be eager to learn marketing techniques that drive business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good relationship development skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent research ability and command of the internet
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to gain valuable marketing experience. The position will report to the Vice President of Marketing but will interact with all departments.