Scanbuy is the global leader in developing mobile engagement solutions that power intelligent connections between the physical and digital world-intelligently and effectively.
Our mobile engagement suite, ScanLife, empowers brands, retailers and marketers to create, manage and deliver personalized, uniquely tailored experiences directly to consumer smartphones—collecting sophisticated business intelligence during the life of the campaign. ScanLife enables the delivery of coupons, product information, video, websites, social networking, surveys, ecommerce and much more. ScanLife processes millions of scans from over 150 different countries.
The company is headquartered in New York City with local offices throughout North America, Europe and Latin America. Scanbuy has the largest and oldest patent portfolio of any company in the industry.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Title: Software Engineer
Location: Manhattan, NY or Telecommute
Reports To: CTO
Scanbuy is seeking a software engineer for mobile application software development. We are looking for a developer to join our development team with a primary focus on our iOS and Android ScanLife apps. To be a good fit, you should be a good developer, self-managing with Agile experience, and enjoy an environment with few limits. We want you to be good at apps and at the same time we’d like you to be ready and interested to do some back end Java development on the ScanLife Code Management Platform when the team needs you to do that. We’d like you to driven just enough that you will have a personal project to show us and talk about.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance barcode scanning applications on all handsets and operating systems
- Develop and grow in-depth expertise for developing applications on one or two handset operating systems
- Help Scanbuy achieve and maintain clear leadership among mobile scanning applications
- Participate in Agile development as a member of a Scrum development team
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline. MS degree would be a plus.
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming or Embedded Device programming
- Programming experience in at least two of C, C++, Java, Objective C, C#
- 2 years experience in mobile handset software development on iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry SDK
- Demonstrable interest in and exposure to modern programming tools and practices such as Open Source, TDD, Git, Continuous Build and Integration
- Successful release of a mobile app to the Apple App store, Android Market Place, or BlackBerry App World
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Passion towards user interface, engaging experience.
- Enthusiasm to collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers.
Bonus points for
- Knowledge of UI frameworks (Android/iOS)
- MVP application design.
- Advanced experience in performance, functional & unit testing.
We are a distributed Agile organization. That means we empower our teams to do their best work in their own way, and we depend on them to uphold high engineering standards and to do the right thing. You will be on a Scrum team working closely with a few other colleagues to build value for our customers in the best way you know how. We value deep levels of expertise and experience coupled with the willingness to pitch in as needed to make the team successful. The choice of tasks you work on will be your own in concert with the needs of your team. Our CTO is a Certrified ScrumMaster Trainer, so we do real Scrum here. We are looking for ‘test-infected’ developers who understand automated unit testing and feature testing. TDD experience would be a huge plus.
If you telecommute, you will be working from home for the most part, but that won’t prevent you from interacting with your colleagues every day. We will only consider you for telecommuting if you have significant experience being on a scrum or other Agile team.
Title: Marketing Intern
Location: New York, NY
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing
A global leader in mobile engagement is seeking marketing interns to support corporate marketing initiatives and programs such as lead generation, research, social media and events. Individuals should be dynamic, take initiative, be dedicated to teamwork, work well with deadlines, and have strong organizational skills. You should be eager to learn marketing techniques that drive business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good relationship development skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent research ability and command of the internet
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Paid intern positions available for applicants seeking hands on experience in Marketing. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to gain valuable marketing experience. The position will report to the Vice President of Marketing but will interact with all departments.