Mobile Engagement Trend Report: Holiday Shopping Edition 2014
25 Feb 2015 | Author: Erick Solis
The holiday 2014 edition of the Mobile Engagement Trend Report is finally here! This report offers insights on consumer shopping behavior while highlighting significant activity in high-tech and retail. We gathered data from the holiday season that vividly depicts the yearly growth of holiday mobile engagement. Consumers worldwide accessed bargains, product reviews, and other valuable information at record rates by scanning QR Codes, UPC, or engaging with other personalized offers.
Key Takeaways Include:
- The most popular type of content accessed in mobile engagement campaigns were product offers, promotions and sweepstakes.
- In terms of devices, 43% of the engagements came from Apple iOS, compared with 52% on Android OS.
- Industries that saw the highest number of engagements included high-tech and retail.
- Gender statistics showed that 40% of users were female and 60% were male, with ages 35-44 comprising the highest percentage of the male group.
- Of the total engagements processed, users aged 35-44 continue to be most active (25%), followed closely by users aged 23-34, who accounted for 21%. Other user age groups included: 45-54 at 20%, 55 and over at 17%, 18-24 at 11%, and users under the age of 18 at 6%.
- The top countries included the United States, Spain, France, Denmark and Germany.
A special thank you to all consumers who made these numbers possible!
Welcome to the World of ScanLife
Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.
- ScanLife 30 Day Contest 2016: How to Play
- Spin & Win with ScanLife
- Direct Mail is Still Relevant in a Mobile World
- Four Keys to a Successful SmartLabel™ Implementation
- ScanLife March Madness Giveaway