ScanLife $1,000 Giveaway: Terms and Conditions
9 Jul 2014 | Author: David J.
Here’s how to play:
1) Open the latest version of the ScanLife app for iOS or Android (if you don’t have the latest, click here to upgrade).
2) Click on the Inbox section of the ScanLife app
3) Scroll through and select the “1,000 Giveaway” banner
4) Click through the next screen and submit your email address to officially enter
5) Scan as many QR or 1D codes as possible over the next 30 days! We will reward our top scanner with a $1,000 (yes, THOUSAND) Gift Card from Amazon!
Effective Date: 7/9/2014
ScanLife $1,000 Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL AND LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: ScanLife $1,000 Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open globally to legal residents who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Scanbuy, Inc. (“Main Sponsor”) and its affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Main Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
2. Timing: The Promotion begins on July 9, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on August 9, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator may, in its sole discretion, modify, amend or revise the Promotion Period. Please be sure to check this page periodically for updates to the Promotion Period; if Administrator makes changes to the Promotion Period the “Effective Date” will be changed and Administrator, in its sole discretion, may provide additional forms of notifications of such changes. Your continued participation in the Promotion following the posting of such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, open the ScanLife application on your mobile device and go to your ScanLife Inbox and click on the mobile banner which reads “$1,000 Giveaway.” Once you have clicked the mobile banner you will be brought to a mobile landing page with a mobile registration form, fill out the registration form including a valid Email address. Any contact information provided by you will only be used to contact you if you are a winner. Once you fill out the registration form, in its entirety and submit, you will be brought to a mobile landing page that will read “Thank you, you will be notified via email if you’re a lucky winner” signifying that you have officially be entered into the Sweepstakes. Participants in the Promotion will scan any QR or 1D Codes as many times as possible during the Promotion Period, the participant with the highest total number of qualifying mobile codes scanned during the Promotion Period will be named the winner.
Limit: Main Sponsor will name at most one (1) winner for the duration of the Promotion Period. Each participant is eligible to receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry during the Promotion Period and to receive one (1) Sweepstakes Prize. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Main Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
4.Sweepstakes Drawing: Administrator will choose the winners from the eligible entrants at random, their decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
Sweepstakes: Administrator will choose one winner from the eligible entrants based on the participant with the highest total number of qualifying mobile codes scanned during the Promotion Period. Administrator’s decision as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of a winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY MAIN SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. MAIN SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY SCANS THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE SCAN AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The winner will be notified by the email provided when entering. The winner will be required to reply to the email within twenty-four (24) hours of the time notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize (if applicable). If the winner cannot be contacted, fails to reply within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, such winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the winner is disqualified for any reason, Main Sponsor will award the applicable Prize to an alternate eligible entrants based on the entrant with the next highest total number of qualifying mobile codes scanned during the Promotion Period. All alternate winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Only three (3) alternate winners will be selected, after which the Prize will remain un-awarded.
7. Prizes: Sweepstakes Prize: The Winner will receive a$1,000.00 Amazon Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $1,000.00.
Actual value may vary based on the then prevailing Fair Market Value. Winner will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. Odds of winning any of the Sweepstakes Prizes depends upon the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period and the total number of qualifying mobile codes scanned by eligible entrants during the Promotion Period. No refund or compensation will be made by Main Sponsor in the event that the Prize is defective or non-functioning; Prize Winner’s sole remedy will be through the manufacturer’s warranty. All expenses and costs associated with effectuating the manufacturer’s warranty will be the sole responsibility of Prize Winner. Winner is solely responsible for his/her own conduct while accepting the prize and agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to use and enjoyment of the prize, including, but not limited to, state and federal tax requirements. Main Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen prizes.
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Scanbuy, Inc. and its parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, suppliers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Main Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Main Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Main Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Main Sponsor or Administrator in its sole discretion. In such event, Main Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Main Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Main Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Main Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Main Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Main Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Main Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
14. Main Sponsor: Scanbuy, Inc., 10 E. 39th Street, New York, New York 10016.
Welcome to the World of ScanLife
Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.
- Consumer Behavior and Preferences Infographic
- Apple Pay and What it Means to Omnichannel Marketing
- QR Codes Make a Difference in the Health Care Industry
- How to Deliver Coupons in the Digital Age
- Statistics Show the Impact of Mobile Engagement Marketing