Short URLs: Made for Mobile
5 Jun 2014 | Author: David J.
Your mobile customer is everywhere and anywhere. They can engage with your brand from traditional media to store displays to social or SMS. The toolbox to reach them during that journey is also vast, and while the digerati focuses on the newest technology like NFC or iBeacons, we often forget about what the user really wants today.
This week we added to the ScanLife toolbox with Short URL’s which gives you a simple, brand connected URL that can be used virtually anywhere. Our platform has always automatically generated a URL associated with your mobile experience, but it wasn’t exactly user friendly (here’s an eye test example http://scn.by/9t9ab0htw8jzhf). But now you can link that same experience to something much easier for the user like scn.my/gillettepromo.
The Short URL has all of the same functions as before so you can edit the target experience whenever you want, you can link it to any of our 15 different mobile actions, and you can track all metrics through our reporting dashboards. What else can you do with this?
- Include the URL below a QR Code in case someone doesn’t have scanning app
- Publish on print or packaging since we know that a huge portion of readers and shoppers are mobile
- Even use it in digital media channels like SMS or Twitter campaigns
So think big and think about your customer at that point in the journey. Now you have another tool to deliver a great mobile experience.
Interested in getting access to this feature? Email us to get started.
Welcome to the World of ScanLife
Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.
- Apple Pay and What it Means to Omnichannel Marketing
- QR Codes Make a Difference in the Health Care Industry
- How to Deliver Coupons in the Digital Age
- Statistics Show the Impact of Mobile Engagement Marketing
- Keep the Conversations – and the Conversions – Going