What Do Consumers Love Scanning? It’s All Here in Our Latest Trend Report
21 May 2014 | Author: Ben B.
Every quarter, we release Trend Reports revealing the who, what and why of mobile scanning. The reports offer vital insights into barcode scanning behavior and display the type of value consumers get from it. So without further ado, we’re excited to present the ScanLife Mobile Barcode Trend Report for Q1 2014. In this edition, we emphasize which kinds of content consumers love scanning.
Key Takeaways Include:
- The most popular type of content accessed in mobile engagement campaigns was product information, video, customer relationship management, app downloads and mCommerce
- 51% of scans came from Android OS devices compared to 46% on Apple iOS devices
- The most “liked” brands by the ScanLife community were Lego, Lucky Lotto, McDonalds, Novartis and Taco Bell
- Cities around the world that scanned the most frequently: Houston, Madrid, Barcelona, Dallas and New York City
- Industries that saw the most scans included food and beverage, consumer electronics, entertainment, media and wireless
And lastly, a huge thanks to all of the consumers who made these numbers possible!
Welcome to the World of ScanLife
Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.
- Apple Pay and What it Means to Omnichannel Marketing
- QR Codes Make a Difference in the Health Care Industry
- How to Deliver Coupons in the Digital Age
- Statistics Show the Impact of Mobile Engagement Marketing
- Keep the Conversations – and the Conversions – Going