Insights into Mobile Scanning during the Holiday Season
16 Jan 2014 | Author: Ben B.
Everyone knows that the holidays are always the busiest time of the year for shopping. What you may not know is that it’s also the most active season for mobile scanning! Every year, millions of shoppers flock to malls, browse catalogs, and scan mobile barcodes to make purchases, redeem discounts, enter contests, and much more.
So, with the holiday season behind us, we’ve captured the most essential stats and compelling data in the ScanLife Mobile Barcode Trend Report: Holiday Shopping Edition for 2013. This edition highlights growth in scanning behavior, new demographic insights, and the latest consumer preferences.
The data collected spans from 11/22/2013 to 12/31/2013, when scan rates typically accelerate the most.
Key takeaways include:
– 10.4 million scans in 2013, a 33% increase from 2012 and a whopping 82% growth compared to 2011
– The most active users were males, age 35-44
– Lake View Plaza in Illinois was the most-scanned mall
Most importantly, THANK YOU to all the shoppers who made these numbers possible. As you can see from the trend report, savvy, smartphone users like you are helping us change the way people shop.
Here’s to a great 2014!
Welcome to the World of ScanLife
Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.
- ScanLife 30 Day Contest 2016: How to Play
- Spin & Win with ScanLife
- Direct Mail is Still Relevant in a Mobile World
- Four Keys to a Successful SmartLabel™ Implementation
- ScanLife March Madness Giveaway