It’s Here: The ScanLife Mobile Barcode Trend Report for Q3
17 Oct 2013 | Author: Ben B.
The ScanLife Mobile Barcode Trend Report for Q3 has arrived! Consumer mobile engagement is dramatically on the rise—we processed nearly 24 million scans in Q3 alone! Mobile barcode marketing continues to attract a global crowd of consumers, led by value shoppers, gamers, social influencers and other enthusiasts who are interacting with QR Codes and other mobile triggers from their smartphones.
As shown in the Q3 Trend Report, these engaged consumers are downloading apps, getting tourist information, managing customer service benefits and more.
Key Takeaways Include:
- The most popular type of content accessed in mobile engagement campaigns was video, product information, app downloads, customer relationship management and news
- 64% of scans came from Android OS devices compared to 34% on Apple iOS devices
- 23% of users were returning users with men ages 35-44 composing the highest percentage of that group
- The average scan per user was 3.7 with women ages 35-44 scanning more than any other demographic
A big thank you to everyone who made these numbers possible!
Welcome to the World of ScanLife
Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.
- ScanLife 30 Day Contest 2016: How to Play
- Spin & Win with ScanLife
- Direct Mail is Still Relevant in a Mobile World
- Four Keys to a Successful SmartLabel™ Implementation
- ScanLife March Madness Giveaway