US and Europe Smartphone Penetration Passes the 50% threshold
19 Dec 2012 | Author: Alex from London
In November 2012 Comscore announced that the US smartphone market had passed the 50% penetration threshold during Q3 2012. Moreover, over half of smartphone owners use their mobile browser and almost 40% of them use their phones to access a social networking site or blog.
Europe is on a similar trajectory: on Dec 17th 2012, Comscore announced that France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK are now reporting a 55% smartphone penetration. The table below shows the breakdown per country.
These statistics won’t surprise any actor in the mobile space. The question is: is your business staying ahead of the curve and preparing itself to embrace a mobilized world?
Welcome to the World of ScanLife
Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.
- Mobile Engagement: It’s Like Giving Your Customers a Personal Shopper
- QR Codes: The Future’s So Bright, We Gotta Wear Shades
- Avoid “Blind Date Marketing” with ScanLife
- Mobile Engagement at Super Bowl Blvd: Part II – NFC and Missed Opportunities
- Mobile Engagement at Super Bowl Blvd: Part I – Beacons