A Million New ScanLife Users Added
16 May 2012 | Author: David J.
We have just released the latest ScanLife Mobile Barcode Trend Report for Q1 2011. This edition takes a look at key trends over the past twelve months as well as some vital insight regarding market adoption from both Smartphone users and mobile marketers.
One of the highlights of the report is the fact that we processed over 5 million unique users in Q1. This is a near 200% increase from a year ago, and a million more than Q4 2011. The rise in unique users is indicative to the rapid growth of both smartphone adoption and QR Code publishing.
Total scans has shown no signs of slowing down as it continues to climb to record heights. We saw 13 million scans processed through ScanLife in Q1 alone, a 157% increase from a year ago.
Other key takeaways from this report:
- iPhone OS made fairly significant strides with 6% growth from Q4, and now drives about equal traffic to Android OS.
- Among marketers using the ScanLife platform, the QSR (Quick Serve Restaurant) category made it into our top 5 industries for the first time ever.
- The most popular marketing campaigns are delivering video, app downloads and product details.
- Gender continues to skew towards Male, however there has been an 8% shift in the female audience compared to a year ago. Gender has remained consistent over the last two quarters.
A big THANK YOU to everyone who made these numbers possible. Mobile barcode growth and technology would not be where it is today if it wasn’t for your continued support.
This data is compiled from our platform users, app users, and other 3rd party apps/code generators.
You can download the full report here.
Welcome to the World of ScanLife
Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.
- Scan ‘Til You Drop With ScanLife
- Using ScanLife To Save Money On Black Friday, Holiday Shopping, And Beyond
- Enhancing the Reader Experience with QR Codes
- ScanLife 30 Day Contest 2016: How to Play
- Spin & Win with ScanLife