2011 Finishes Strong with Millions of New Users
1 Feb 2012 | Author: David J.
We have just released the latest ScanLife Mobile Barcode Trend Report for Q4 2011. This edition takes a closer look at the busiest quarter of the year for mobile barcodes and some year-end growth comparisons to 2010.
One of the report’s highlights shows the “hockey stick” growth of scans by quarter dating all the way back to Q1 2009. Last year saw a 300% increase compared to 2010. Looking at the chart below, its pretty amazing to see just how far mobile barcode scanning has come these past few years.
The holiday season proved to be another huge period for engaging new users as people are searching for product information and millions of new Smartphones were activated.
Other key takeaways from this report:
- Q4 2011 saw more scans than all of 2009 and 2010 combined
- Over 3,000,000 new ScanLife users were activated in Q4 2011
- Among marketers using the ScanLife platform, the Consumer Packaged Goods industry saw the most scans for the first time ever
- Half of our users report being 18-34, and 60% are male which is consistent with the previous report
A HUGE thank you to everyone to everyone who made these numbers possible! This data is compiled from our platform users, app users, and other 3rd party apps/code generators.
You can download the full report here.
Welcome to the World of ScanLife
Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.
- Win with ScanLife Over the Holidays
- Introducing mVision: Unlocking Data You Want to See
- How to Interact With Holiday Shoppers Via Mobile Engagement
- Shopper Marketing Expo and Beyond
- It’s Here: The ScanLife Mobile Barcode Trend Report for Q3