• 2015
  • 2013
  • 2012
  • 2011
  • 2010
  • 2009

ScanLife Barcode Jackpot

Want to be rewarded for scanning Coke and Pepsi?

Now you can with the ScanLife Jackpot.

Here’s how to play:

1. Open the ScanLife app on Android, iPhone, or BlackBerry (search your app store, or go to from the phone).
  2. Scan a UPC code on a 12 oz. can, or 16 20 oz. bottle of Coke and Pepsi, or now Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi [added 5.3.11].
  3. Now just scan those products as many times as you want and hope you hit the winning scan!

Winners will be announced every day and can choose from a variety of Gift Cards from major retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, Macy’s and more!

Remember, the more you scan a barcode, the better chance you have to win!

• Filed under: Contests, Marketing

• RSS feed for comments on this post
    • 18 Responses for "ScanLife Barcode Jackpot"

1. Carmine April 28th, 2011 at 6:03 PM 1

I have scanned two 20 oz. Pepsi products (Aquafina, Dt. Mountain Dew) today and both times I was informed could not read upc code. Would you like to search using Google? How can I correct this error?

2. Carmine April 29th, 2011 at 12:53 PM 2

Who buys 16 oz bottles? My mistake for using a 20 oz bottle. Just scanned a 12 oz can and same error.

3. Admin April 29th, 2011 at 1:03 PM 3

Sorry, should have been 20oz – changed above.

4. ANN BURT April 29th, 2011 at 1:39 PM 4

Do all Pepsi/Coke products count, or is it just Pepsi and Coke in particular, not say, Mountain Dew and other products..

5. Admin April 29th, 2011 at 1:55 PM 5

Only the exact products shown in the pic above are part of this Jackpot.

6. Starr April 29th, 2011 at 2:24 PM 6

The UPC on the cans won’t scan because of the glare and reflection on the can. Have any suggestions? Also, can the same bottle/can be scanned over and over or only once?

7. Admin April 29th, 2011 at 2:30 PM 7

Should be OK for the iPhone and Androids. Maybe try it inside with less glare…

8. Jill April 29th, 2011 at 3:24 PM 8

Will Diet Coke work?

9. Anonymous April 29th, 2011 at 4:46 PM 9

ScanLife Barcode Jackpot = BATTERY DRAIN

10. Anonymous April 29th, 2011 at 6:58 PM 10

Phone needs recharging now. Total battery kill :-/

11. Toknowuby May 2nd, 2011 at 2:53 PM 11

I used the Droid Incredible and I scanned a regular can of Diet coke I pulled out from the fridge – it worked great! This is so great and so is the contest! “Anonymous” you need to Download App killer to conserve your battery – it isnt the scanlife app thats killing you dope…you probably killed your battery from day one by overcharging it.

12. Get a job May 2nd, 2011 at 3:24 PM 12

Worked great for me. When can I scan diet coke?

13. Admin May 2nd, 2011 at 3:30 PM 13

Will make some additions to the products in the Jackpot this week. Stay tuned…

14. Have luck May 2nd, 2011 at 3:32 PM 14

Wow I just won! Thank you

15. Having fun May 2nd, 2011 at 3:52 PM 15

What can I win and can I win more than once?

16. Braintrust May 2nd, 2011 at 3:58 PM 16

This is fun. Can I scan all the cans on the shelf? Will this increase my chances of winning?

17. Admin May 2nd, 2011 at 4:14 PM 17

You can scan different cans, or just the same ones. The more you scan, the better chance you have of winning. Just make sure it’s a Coke or Pepsi (regular for now). 12 oz can and 20 oz bottle.

18. SafeCycle.Net May 3rd, 2011 at 3:43 AM 18

Interesting….closely resembles an email I sent Scanlife a late last year but in discussion for a partnership…oh, well, thanks for doing the work (particularly the consumer participation/adoption test) for us! When our platform debuts we will certainly site your “flash-in-the-pan” efforts in our feasibility recommendation!

Get Started

First Name
    Last Name
    Account Type
    Confirm Password
    Send me periodic ScanLife news
    I agree to ScanLife's Terms and Conditions.
    Create Your Code for Free

Welcome to the World of ScanLife

Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.