ScanLife Powers Up on UPC Barcodes
29 Nov 2010 | Author: David J.
We released some exciting new ScanLife features when scanning UPC (1D) barcodes which are making everyone very happy – traffic was up 3x this weekend! All of this is available to any Android, iPhone or BlackBerry with an auto-focus camera.
Before, we gave you options like online prices, user reviews, and product specs from most products. Now, you can scan practically anything to get access to an even wider variety of content from digital coupons to local prices to nutritional information.
A menu of relevant options will load based on what you’re scanning. For instance, scanning a book could give you local prices and the Kindle edition download, while scanning a box of cereal could give you some coupons and show a list of possible allergens.
Let’s take a look a closer look at these new features:
– Local prices: Scan a code to compare prices to other local stores carrying the same product and see inventory. Ideal during the busy holiday season when you are looking for the best prices in your area.
– Digital coupons: Scan a product from your home or on the go to receive related coupons from top manufactures. For instance, if you’re at home and need more diapers, you can simply scan the barcode to find coupons before heading to the store.
– Nutrition information: Scan a code from any food product to view nutritional information such as calories or whether or not a food contains specific allergens or gluten.
30 percent of ScanLife UPC traffic comes from everyday products like groceries and personal care, so the last two features should really come in handy.
The new options are only available in the United States for now, but there are a bunch of other great features to help you save money and time.
Welcome to the World of ScanLife
Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.
- ScanLife 30 Day Contest 2016: How to Play
- Spin & Win with ScanLife
- Direct Mail is Still Relevant in a Mobile World
- Four Keys to a Successful SmartLabel™ Implementation
- ScanLife March Madness Giveaway