Get Your ScanLife From other Apps
23 Oct 2010 | Author: David J.
We have reported before that half the scans from ScanLife come from regular UPC codes on product to get information like price comparisons, user reviews, MP3 downloads, and other details. We take each UPC number and look it up through a number of data feeds supplied by Amazon, Google, Linkshare, and major retailers to give you the most relevant data from every scan.
Now, we have released a way for you to connect to that portal from other apps like Google Barcode Scanner or Red Laser. This can also be used by developers that are using the ScanLife SDK or other SDK’s to build your barcode scanning apps!
Here’s how to set it up in the Barcode Scanner app on Android:
1) After opening the application, click on the menu button. From the options given, click on Settings.
2) On the Settings page, click on Custom Search URL.
3) Type in http://search.scanlife.com?q=%s to get the ScanLife results for any barcode.
After the scan, choose “Custom Search” and this will send the UPC number to ScanLife Shopper and the content will be displayed!!
We hope you enjoy this fun tool, and let us know if you have any other exciting ways to use it.
Welcome to the World of ScanLife
Mobile barcodes have changed the way we discover & share information from the world around us. We welcome your thoughts & ideas on how to make this technology matter - today and in the future.
- Enhancing the Reader Experience with QR Codes
- ScanLife 30 Day Contest 2016: How to Play
- Spin & Win with ScanLife
- Direct Mail is Still Relevant in a Mobile World
- Four Keys to a Successful SmartLabel™ Implementation